PUMPING SYSTEMS ASSESSMENT
The main goal of a pumping system energy assessment is determining the current energy consumption of an existing system and identify ways to improve system efficiency.
Collection of information about a pumping system. Information about pump electric motor, hydraulic system
Measuring pump parameters at the site. Field test of the pump. Pump pressure measurment. Pump flow measurment. Pump power mwasurment.
Analysis of measured parameters Analysis of information about pump and system.
Shutoff test of a pump. Shut off test is used to define the real pump curve, the diameter of an impeller, the direction of rotation.
1. Evaluation of the efficiency of a pumping system.
- Technical condition of installed pumps. The degree of wear and tear of installed pumps,
- Operating modes.
- Control methods and algorithms.
- Evaluation of the level of maintenance and control of parameters.
2. Developing methods of increasing pumping system efficiency.
- pump and electric motors replacement
- application of pumps control - speed control, parallel installation, a combined method of control
- upgrading of pumps (trimming of impellers, installation of new impellers
- replacing of the throttle or bypass controls
- developing control algorithms.
3. Conditions of implementation
- the acceptable cost
- the acceptable payback time